In today’s world, the omnipresence of information technology is undeniable.
From the largest of the organizations to the commonest section of the society, everyone is reaping the benefits of IT in their own capacity.
Every day is a new day in IT sector, creating room and demand for more professionals who can keep the sector going strong enough to cater to the IT needs of businesses, governments, and individuals.
Its a good time to be working in IT field, the industry is thriving with no signs of slowing down any time soon.
If you too want to leverage this IT wave but are clueless about where and how to start, then you might want to consider going for an IT internship in Thailand.
If you have an IT related degree to your credit, great! More power to you.
Now all you have to do is complement your academic credentials with the work experience of IT internship Thailand, and you are golden!
But if you don’t have the requisite degree, then too no worries! You can still participate in an IT internship in Thailand and acquire an ocean of knowledge and work experience.
With or without degree, all you really need is a zest for learning to make the most out of your Thailand internship.
Information Technology Industry In Thailand
The technology revolution in Thailand makes up for an interesting journey. The government invested heavily in developing the country’s IT sector.
Enhancing the IT infrastructure, preparing a skilled IT qualified workforce, and providing a business-friendly environment were the main steps taken to attract multi-national IT companies.
These efforts have certainly paid off since Thailand has now become one of the leading IT outsourcing countries in the world.
Businesses around the world, especially in industries like retail, health care, food and beverages, have come to rely on Thailand’s world-class software products and services.
Internship in Thailand will be your way of partaking in the benefits of working in an ultra-modern, IT driven economy.
IT sector in Thailand is very diverse, making it very appealing to IT professionals since they get to choose their desired area of specialization from many options.
Web development, mobility, business analytics, big data, cloud, databases, network administration, IT security, etc. are some of the popular technical fields.
Other fields like project management and IT consulting, where there is an infusion of IT with management, are also quite popular.
Bottom line is that you can take advantage of the availability of such wide-ranging options and even go for more than one IT internship in Thailand to discover your liking and interests.
Here's Why You Need IT Internship Thailand
The IT job market today very much exemplifies survival of the fittest.
Those who can accommodate in the globalized and inter-cultural work environment are the ones with the most potential for a great career ahead.
This is a parameter that many IT companies use to evaluate candidates at the time of hiring.
Having the experience of IT internship Thailand on resume can help you impress your recruiters big time.
You can talk to them about all the work and learning experiences that you gleaned while working in an up-and-coming economy like Thailand.
The pros of Thailand internship run deeper than what it can do for your career.
The internship gives you a chance to try your hand at independent living and working, and in the process helps broaden your perspective about many things that are more personal in nature.
The internship will give you a sense of achievement and make you realize that you are a lot more capable than you give yourself credit for.
Your self-confidence, receptiveness, cultural understanding, and adaptability will receive a big boost during the time of your internship in Thailand.
Know About Thailand's Workplace Culture
International internships are a great way to learn about a workplace culture that is mightily different from what we are usually accustomed to.
Thailand is unique in many ways, one of which is its workplace etiquette and culture.
Here are a few pointers about the same that will come in handy during your IT internship in Thailand:
- Respect for seniors and chain of command is considered very important. Make sure you adhere to this culture of respect for seniority.
- When interacting with colleagues, avoid asking overly personal questions until you are fairly acquainted with them.
- Thailand is known as the Land of Smiles. The workplaces too live up to this title. You can contribute to this fun-filled work environment with humor that is good-natured and not offensive.
- Don’t speak negatively about Thai religious and political beliefs. These are sensitive topics.
- Make an effort to socialize with your Thai coworkers too, not just with other fellow interns and expatriates. Else you will be missing out on a first-hand learning opportunity of the incredible Thai culture.
- When learning about the Thai culture from your colleagues, don’t allow your assumptions to hinder the process. You may have read up on some books about Thai culture, but don’t presume that you know everything. Instead have a receptive approach.
- Exchange of business cards is pretty common here. When presenting your business card to someone, do so by holding the card in both hands. When accepting a business card, receive it using both hands and make a polite comment about it for the sake of acknowledgment.
- If you are invited to a colleague’s home for a festive occasion, then pack a gift to carry along for the host. Chocolates, fruit basket, sweets are good options.
Pursue Your IT Internship In Thailand Today!
What could be better than working in a state-of-the-art IT industry and exploring an exotic location, all at the same time.
Thailand is your chance to do that. Islands, beaches, shopping malls, temples, historical and cultural places, wildlife, there are so many things offered by this amazing country.
Its a heaven for any traveling enthusiast. During your internship, you can take some time out to relish the wonders of the city you are in as well as nearby locations.
Pursue an IT internship in Thailand to add a dimension to your career and to discover the beauty that Thailand is.