Engineering is definitely a field that benefits from gaining work experience, thanks to its demanding nature. AIP offers engineering internships in a wide range of fields, including: civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering and industrial engineering. Your internship will be styled depending on the field of engineering of your choice.
Real work experience is highly valued by employers and an internship will provide you with tasks to practically apply your technical expertise. You will also be given the chance to develop skills such as: planning, problem solving, communication and field work. We will help you find the internship that will be the cornerstone of your engineering career.
Past AIP Engineering interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
- Utilizing AutoCAD to develop facility layout drawings of production and support areas.
- Conducting studies and propositions for improvements to the overall process flow and spatial utilization based on lean manufacturing principles.
- Testing prototypes and machinery, while writing reports to document the results.
- Assisting and shadowing engineering managers with development of engineering schedules, budgets, projects, and quality assurance.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of parts catalogs, owner’s manuals, and operational instruction manuals for assigned products.
Note that all AIP interns are given a personal supervisor who will train, monitor and guide you throughout your international internship experience.
Internship tasks will vary from company to company, as well as intern to intern. These are only examples of tasks that were carried out from previous interns.
A COMPANY WHERE WE HAVE PREVIOUSLY PLACED ENGINEERING INTERNS: MEINHARDT
Meinhardt is an engineering infrastructure and project management consultant firm. The firm provides unique work experience thanks to the multi-disciplinary and integrated engineering. Meinhardt engineers understand the interfacing requirements between structure, civil works, mechanical and electrical services to produce effective designs. Previous interns through Asia Internship Program were able to gain valuable hands-on experience and knowledge with Meinhardt.
LAND MORE THAN JUST AN INTERNSHIP!
Not only are our internship placements completely customizable, but also the experience we provide outside of the workplace.
DISCOVER MORE ABOUT ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP
Want to know more about our Engineering internships in each destination? Check out our articles!