Can a law internship done abroad bring in more value for you than the one done in your home country?
If the place where you’re undertaking the internship is anything like Thailand, then yes it can.
The field of law tests one’s ability to research, explore, experience and adapt to different opportunities.
Doing a law internship in Thailand would be a great way to prepare yourself for this important facet of the legal field.
In fact, law internship in Thailand can play a pivotal role in your legal training, exposing you to the established legal system of a booming Asian economy.
Why Do A Law Internship Abroad?
In today’s closely knit world the practice of law transcends geographical borders, requiring legal professionals to work with foreign legal systems, clients and foreign counterparts.
While your law school will teach you about the legal system in your own country, only an internship program like law internship in Thailand can stretch the scope of your understanding to the law and order structure of another part of the world.
Law internship Thailand will give you the confidence and experience to conduct your future legal practice on a global scale.
You won’t feel uncomfortable with the work opportunities that thrust you into different legal systems of the world. Instead you’ll immediately know how to acquaint and integrate yourself into these new legal cultures.
The thing about law is that you never want your study of it to be restrictive. This not only means that you need to move beyond the classroom theories to practical learning, but it also means that you need to be open to studying about jurisdictions other than your native country.
The more wide-ranging is your repertoire of knowledge and experience, the easier it will be for you to carve your niche in the competitive law field.
During your law internship Thailand, you will get a chance to interact with learned law professionals and benefit from their valuable nuggets of wisdom.
Post your internship in Thailand, you may choose to offer your legal services to a multinational company, highlighting your newly found proficiency in Thailand’s law as a strong point in your resume.
Thailand internship broadens your mind about law in general. It lets you perceive as well as appreciate the different forms and shades that law can take.
Before you dive into the legal field as a practicing lawyer, you should get the kind of international work experience that law internship in Thailand offers.
The Scene Of Law In Thailand
Thailand is home to a number of local and international law firms. While the work of local law firms usually revolves around local litigation and other cases related to the Thai judicial system, the main purpose of most international law firms is to serve the myriad foreign nationals who work and live in Thailand.
The international law firms seek to help these foreign nationals in their matters with the Thai law. In addition to the foreign nationals, these firms also offer their legal services to multinational corporations in conducting their business operations in the region.
The law firms in Thailand differ from each other on the basis of their legal proficiency and language skills, among other factors.
There are law firms that handle simple issues like work permits and accounting for small to medium enterprises.
Then there are law firms exclusively devoted to help expats on their personal and business matters; your English language skills will prove mighty helpful particularly in these law firms. There are also bigger law firms that consult the large-scale enterprises in and outside Thailand.
Being an important trade and economic destination in Asia, Thailand offers a unique perspective on corporate and commercial laws.
Other notable legal services offered by law firms here include family law, criminal law and investigation, litigation, international labor law, immigration law, inheritance law, real estate law, intellectual property law, etc.
Law internship Thailand is going to be about learning the nuances of Thai legal practices and how do they co-relate with the Western legal practices.
Once you’ll immerse yourself in your Thailand internship, you will feel an influx of new enthusiasm and inspiration to work in law.
Interesting Trivia To Know About Thailand
Thailand is surely a great place for pursuing a law internship, but there’s a lot more to this exotic country. Its rich history and culture make up for one interesting read.
Here are some random, quirky facts about Thailand that encompass its greatness and will help you to get to know the country a little better before you come here for your law internship:
- Thailand is the 21st most populous country of the world, with an estimated population of 68.1 million.
- In Thai language, Thailand is referred to as Prathet Thai which translates to “Land of the Free”. The reason behind this name is the fact that Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country that has never been colonized by any European country in the history.
- Buddhism is the most widely practiced religion in Thailand, with more than 90% of the population devoted to it. Islam and Christianity make up most of the remaining equation.
- Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand, is one of the premier tourist destinations of the world, courtesy of its buzzing nightlife, sightseeing attraction points, palatial palaces, museums and temples, and a plethora of shopping and dining options.
- From the smallest mammal in the world, the bumblebee bat, to the largest fish in the world, the whale shark, the wildlife in Thailand is astonishingly wide-ranging. A wildlife lover will fall in love with the diversity that Thailand has to offer when it comes to wildlife species.
- Thailand is ranked among the friendliest countries in the world. The welcoming and smiling population here never fails to touch the hearts of the foreign visitors with their winsome friendliness. Rest assured that your law internship in Thailand will be spent among some of the most amazing people in the world.
Law internship Thailand brings out the competitive lawyer as well as the adventure lover in you. Explore both these equally wonderful sides of your personality with a summer law internship in Thailand.